A 3.5 acre one block radius in Hollywood originally knows as Academy Square is transformed into “On Vine” – a mixed-use campus of offices, apartments and retail, including three low-rise office buildings totaling 335,000 sf, and a 18-story residential tower of 200 units.
- Design Build HVAC
- Designed for LEED Gold; achieved LEED Platinum
- Construction of a three-level subterranean concrete parking garage (987 stalls, 423,000 sf) under a partial open-air landscaped structural podium deck
- 307,000 sf of core and shell office buildings of 5- and 6-story concrete frame office buildings
- 2-story and 1-story retail buildings
- 18-story residential infrastructure
What ACCO Delivered
ACCO was hired early on when the buildings were in a conceptual design package with the design architect. The building owner desired an HVAC system that was going to be flexible enough to allow partial occupancy of the building as the tenants were leased out.
A variable refrigerant flow system (VRF) was chosen to allow the landlord the ability to lease out smaller portions of the project without having a large capital investment. The VRF system requires no water or gas and the rooftop loads were significantly reduced over a package or central plant approach. It also allowed the owner the ability to separately meter the first floor retail spaces as needed. Of course, after all of the planning to allow for separate smaller tenants, the entire office campus was leased out to one tenant.
ACCO was subsequently contracted and completed the full campus buildout for the tenant, Netflix.
Owner: Kilroy Realty Corporation
Architect: House & Robertson Architects
General Contractor: Hathaway Dinwiddie Construction Company
Mechanical Engineer: ACCO Engineered Systems
Mechanical Contractor: ACCO Engineered Systems